Wednesday, June 6, 2012

R.I.P Ray Bradbury

According to ABC News Ray Bradbury passed away today at the age of 91. Bradbury was born born August 22, 1920 and became a full time writer in 1943.



Bradbury was a definite legend in the literary community especially those of us that enjoy science fiction. Fahrenheit 451 is a classic that is often, and with good reason, required reading in many high schools and college lit courses. Other famous works include Something Wicked This Way Comes, The Illustrated Man, and of course The Martian Chronicles.

He was truly a great author that will be missed. On the occasion of his 80th birthday in August 2000, Bradbury said, "The great fun in my life has been getting up every morning and rushing to the typewriter because some new idea has hit me. The feeling I have every day is very much the same as it was when I was twelve. In any event, here I am, eighty years old, feeling no different, full of a great sense of joy, and glad for the long life that has been allowed me. I have good plans for the next ten or twenty years, and I hope you'll come along."

Fahrenheit 451The Martian ChroniclesSomething Wicked This Way Comes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...