Saturday, September 22, 2012

Happy Hobbit Day


Today being Bilbo and Frodo's birthday and yestarday being the 75th anniversary of the Hobbit, I thought I would wish everyone a Happy Hobbit Day! I hope everyone takes the time to celebrate in their own way. Its always good to have 2nd breakfasts, elevensies, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and supper followed by a bit of dessert or a pint.


The Hobbit was the first of Tolkein's books of Middle Earth that I was intrduced to. I didn't find this one as a child, I first read it as a freshman in college and was immediately hooked. Afterwards, I devoured The Lord of the Rings trilogy and then read the other books of Middle Earth. Its a series that I have always treasured and revisit often. Life wouldn't be the same without it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOBBITS!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making this post, I thought today was just the equinox.

    I recently read the hobbit, and I loved it too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...