Friday, January 20, 2012

Legend

LegendLegend by Marie Lu

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


If I could give half stars I would probably give this one 3.5 stars but feeling generous about this one I decided to round up instead of down. Set in California sometime in the future after the fall of the country due to plague and dissent. June is the governtments best prodigy and is set against their biggest aggrivation, Day, because of the death of her brother. Through her investigation she comes to learn that all is not as she has been taught to believe. Life is not always black and white and sometimes you can't just blindly follow orders. What I didn't like about this book is that the characters were somewhat 2 dimensional. There is a flat quality to them that makes them all seem alot alike. However, if you like dystopia this is worth the read. I enjoyed the overall story and I look forward to reading more of this series.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Saw your review on the Goodreads Creative Reviews thread. I've heard wonderful things about this book and look forward to reading it. Too bad the characters didn't grab you--that's so important to my enjoyment of a novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone has different tastes, you might really enjoy this one. If you like dystopia I would definitely give it a shot. Let me know your opinion when you read it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...