Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Fall of Ithar

The Fall of ItharThe Fall of Ithar by Kevis Hendrickson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is a science fiction short story that reminds me alot of The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.

The kingdom of Ithar is assaulted by the forces of evil and the king and one of his sons is slain. The other son realizing that he is the reason that the kingdom is under attack flees with his wife. They escape into the caves where they meet their doom. This short tells what befalls them and how their fate is met.

This is a story of love and glory of battle. We see the honor and deeds of men as they fight their foes and the evil that comes. I would love to see this story expanded into a much longer novel and read what happens before the battle with the quests of the prince as well as the life of the queen before her fate is met.

Overall, if you enjoy sci fiction, especially Tolkein type stories, you should give this one a try. But I warn you this is a tragedy, no happy ending this time. But it definitely fits the story. Its definitely one I shall re-read. Not to mention, I love the cover art.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...