Monday, September 23, 2013

MaddAddam

MaddAddam (MaddAddam Trilogy #3)MaddAddam by Margaret Atwood

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I had a very high expectation of this book. I loved Oryx and Crake and I loved Year of the Flood. And Atwood is one of my favorite authors hands down. So when MaddAddam came out it was a must have/must read. Now I'm like meh, ok.

With MaddAddam you have stories within stories. We get Zeb's story and the history behind the Addamites. And the Crakers get an interpretation of this history as well as their own. So it more a history about a story set in the future. O_o

I'm not sure what I was expecting. Maybe something more concerning the present time of the lives the characters are leading. I wanted more of the world building and hearing about how life was after the flood along with the adjustments of the Crakers.

I wish I had re-read either of the two that came before. There was a lot that I didn't remember. There is a synopsis at the begining of the other two but its not the same as re-reading it.

I wasn't expecting it to be wrapped up the way it was either. To avoid spoilers I will just say it was a bittersweet ending and while I understand why it had to be that way it was still sad. Overall, I am glad I finished the trilogy but am still disappointed.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...