Thursday, November 17, 2011

50 Book Challenge

I ran accross this challenge a couple of years ago and thought it might be fun. And since the New Year is fast approaching I thought this would be a good time to share it. I confess, I never finished the challenge, but life isn't over so there is time yet. Maybe in the coming year I shall finish the last few I never got to. In any case, here is the list. How many have you read?

50 Books to Read Before You Die

The Picture of Dorian Gray--Oscar Wilde
The Divine comedy--Alighieri Dante
Memoirs of a Geisha--Arthur Golden
The Count of Monte Cristo--Alexandre Dumas
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest--Ken Kesey
Robinson Crusoe--Daniel Defoe
Huckleberry Finn--Mark Twain
A Christmas Carol--Charles Dickens
Gullivers Travels--Jonathan Swift
Men Without Women--Earnest Hemingway
The War of the Worlds--HG Wells
Frankenstein--Mary Shelly
Life of Pi--Yann Martel
The Color Purple--Alice Walker
The Outsider--Albert Camus
The Way We Live Now--Anthony Trollope
Heart of Darkness--Joseph Conrad
On the Road--Jack Kerouac
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time--Mark Haddon
Rebecca--Daphne du Maurier
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland--Lewis Carroll
Anna Karenina--Leo Tolstoy
His Dark Matirials Trilogy--Philip Pullman
The Wind in the Willows--Kenneth Grahame
Moby Dick--Herman Melville
The Harry Potter series--JK Rowling
Money--Martin Amis
Birdsong--Sabastian Faulks
The Quiet American--Graham Greene
Ulysses--James Joyce
The Canterbury Tales--Geoffrey Chaucer
The Bible
Don Quixote--Micheal De Cervantes
The Diary of Anne Frank--Anne Frank
Brave New World--Aldous Huxley
The Catcher in the Rye--JD Salinger
The Great Gatsby--F Scott Fitzgerald
A Bend in the River--VS Naipaul
Hamlet--William Shakespeare
The Lord of the Flies--William Golding
A Passage to India--EM Forster
Wuthering Heights--Emily Bronte
Jane Eyre--Charlotte Bronte
The Kill a Mockingbird--Harper Lee
The Grapes of Wrath--John Steinbeck
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy--JRR Tolkien
1984--George Orwell
Pride and Prejudice--Jane Austin
The Bell Jar--Sylvia Plath
Catch 22--Joseph Heller

I have no idea who composed the list. And I know that with the listing of 2 series that there are actually more than 50 books here. Having said that, I still thought it was a fun personal challenge so I am passing it along. I have read all but 11, maybe next year I shall finally finish the list. Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Ive only read one set of books that you have listed above..( I read the The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by JRR Tolkien when I was younger )

    Thanks for the note on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...