Thursday, May 9, 2013

After the Ending

After The Ending (The Ending, #1)After The Ending by Lindsey Fairleigh

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Awesome read!! I'm always up for a good apocalyptic/dystopia and this pretty much fit the bill. I admit, there were some holes in the plausibility factor, but I'll get to those. I first considered this to be a YA, but towards the end the sex scenes are definitely too much for the under 18 readers.

This is the story of two friends, separated across country when a savage strain of flu virus nearly wipes everybody out. Dani and Zoe have been friends since grade school and now they are working to find each other after all has happened. The story moves back and forth between them along with emails that tie them together.

This is a really fun read, with some great characters. I loved how it moved back and forth between the two main characters. And the integration of their new found abilities. Mostly it seems that its all mind generated abilities like telepathy and clairvoyance. There's no X-men like powers such as controlling fire or anything like that. I did find two big plausibility problems with this story. First of all, its the apocalypse and suddenly the phones aren't working, but they all seem to find wifi wherever they are. Secondly, the love triangles on both sides of this story seem to be almost identical. It doesn't matter that one girl lost the love of her life she's all ready to fall in love again. It doesn't hurt I guess that everybody is hot, everyone is slim or well built and gorgeous. I guess all the average people died in the flu outbreak.

Overall, its a fun read. It had a great cliff hanger. I so want to see how this continues.





View all my reviews





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...