Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fyre

Fyre (Septimus Heap, #7)Fyre by Angie Sage

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is the final installment to the Septimus Heap series and I absolutely hate to see this series come to an end. We have watched Septimus and Jenna and all the other characters grow and change over the course of this series and this book does a wonderful job of tying things up.

There is so much that I loved about this book. We see how the kids have grown up and changed so much. Jenna comes into her own as she learns to become queen. Septimus knows he has to make a decision about his future and does so with maturity. Even the adults go through a lot of changes. Marcellus, Marcia, Milo, and others are a big part of this book. And while Septimus may not be the absolute main focus of this book, he is still very much a big part of it. I would have loved to have seen more of Spit Fyre in this book. He, along with Stanley the mail rat, was kept along the sidelines. There were also some bittersweet moments as we saw how Aunt Zelda had aged. All of us have had an aging parent, grandparent, or other relative and know how difficult this can be. We really felt how this can be as we see Zelda having difficulties. Wolf Boy also had changes in his life as its revealed who is really is and what his future holds.

Overall, I LOVE this series as well as this wonderful ending to it. Even though this is a great series for Middle Grade Age, its a fun read for adults too. I loved the humor and the magic as well as the family and relationships. I would recommend this series to anyone that is just looking for a fun read.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I feel the love you have on this book, and I feel some sadness too. While I'm reading your review about the characters make me both happy and sad, I don't know why. I just finished reading Magyk and I absolutely love it. I can't wait to read all the books.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...