Monday, January 19, 2015

Generation M

Generation M (The Toucan Trilogy, #3)Generation M by Scott Cramer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is the last of the Toucan Trilogy and I have enjoyed them all.

Generation M wraps up the story of Toucan and her brother Jordan and sister Abbey after the Night of the Purple Moon. Cramer did a wonderful job of bringing this story to life. I kept thinking about how much older the characters seemed than their ages and I know its because they have had to grow up so fast. They were forced into adult roles before they should have been. And they answered the challenged very well. Their parents would have been proud to have known how they handled themselves in the face of so much pain and hardship. It was hard seeing how the little ones were suffering from the rampant disease and what little government was left wasn't trying to help. It would be interesting to know how other countries had handled such a disaster as we only saw what was happening in the US.

The twist at the end I could have done without. It seems like so many YA books and movies these days have me wanting to scream "No!!!! It shouldn't end that way!!" But after it was all said and done it was an ending I could live with. I'll say no more to keep away *spoilers*

I wasn't ready for the story to end. I wanted to know more about how what their future held. I had so many questions. Overall, I loved the series and enjoyed each book. Its a good series for any age.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...