Friday, February 8, 2013

Beautiful Creatures

Beautiful CreaturesBeautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I would actually give this one 3.5 stars but I stretched it up to 4 stars because I liked it well enough that I want to continue the series.

This one reminded me a lot of Twilight. I admit that I haven’t read Twilight but I’ve seen the movie and that’s got to count for something. It’s a teen paranormal romance with the guy’s (Ethan’s) POV which is a bit different. Lena is a Castor(witch) and the new girl in school. The story is set in a small town in the south complete with small mindedness and the fear of anyone different.

It took me a while to get into this story but it was worth it. Once you get past 100 pages you are hooked. I loved Lena’s family members, even the bad guys. Some things that happened you saw coming but other things not so much. There is also a bit of a mystery to solve and a curse to break and so many questions you want answered. And even though they tried to say that once you are claimed you are either all good or all bad, you know, and you can tell, that its not that way. Rarely is one either completely good or completely bad.

Overall, I enjoyed the story and I am looking forward to the movie coming out soon. If you enjoy paranormal romance, especially teen, then you should read this one.




View all my reviews


If you are interested in Beautiful Creatures you can find it here at Amazon

Beautiful Creatures

2 comments:

  1. In this series I liked the fact that the southern landscape is one of the characters. I agree with you about the 'bad' characters; they were great. I've just seen the trailer for the movie adaptation and I'm not happy with the chosen actors. But, it's oftentimes the case, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the Southern Landscape had a personality all its own. And I think Ridley was one of my favorite characters. She wasn't as all bad as she would have liked everyone to believe.

      I'm curious to see how well they translate this to the big screen.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...