Sunday, February 24, 2013

Jael's Story

Women of the Bible: Jael's Story: A NovelWomen of the Bible: Jael's Story: A Novel by Ann Burton

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a wonderful story. This is the story of Jael who is briefly mentioned in the bible. She was married to Heber who was a blacksmith. Her family believed that he would provide for her and treat her well because of his wealth and social standing. Jael soon came to learn this wasn't the case. When she becomes part of his household as second wife she quickly learns how he treats his wives and concubines. And being women they have no protection against his abuse.

I loved seeing a glimpse of life during this time. And how even though life was difficult for women they found ways to be strong and cope. Jael was just a girl when she married Heber but with life experience she grew to become a strong woman. Its easy to see why Levi loved her.

I've read other books in the Women of the Bible series and I've not read them in order. They work just fine as stand alone novels and I recommend these to anyone who loves a clean romance or historical romance. I loved it and look forward to the last one in the series that I have yet to read.



View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...