Sunday, July 8, 2012

Raine -- The Lords of Satyr #2

Raine (The Lords of Satyr, #2)Raine by Elizabeth Amber

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This is the second book in the Lords of Satyr series and it is just as good or better than the first one, Nicholas. As with the first one, this one is definitely not for just anyone. If you don't enjoy the strange and unusual then I suggest you look elsewhere. Personally, I love the strange and unusual and therefore I loved this one.



Raine is the second Satyr brother who travels to Venice seeking his Fairieblend wife. He finds Jordan who is an hermaphrodite that has lived most of her life as a male so that her mother could inherit her dad's fortune. He finds her on display as a medical oddity and does his best to take her away from that life. Jordan fights against it vowing never again to be another's property. She loses sight of the fact that marriage wouldn't mean ownership but instead would be care and protection. The relationship between Raine and Jordan is a difficult one that shows alot of strain at time from both partners. The presence of an evil bishop and the controlling doctor adds to the strain on Jordan and her wish not to bring shame to Raine.

This is a wonderful erotica (definitely only recommended for those over 18) filled with magical creatures including the Satyrs with two phallus during Moonful and now complimented with an hermaphrodite. These characteristics are woven wonderfully into the story and adds to it rather than detracts from it. Although I know that these points alone will not appeal to everyone, if you are a little adventurous I would say give this series a try.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That is weird and unusual. But for some reason I am interested in the story. Maybe I'll check it out some day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely on the side of different but I loved it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...